The days are getting longer, the markets are full of fresh produce, and your sundresses have finally started to come out of hibernation. Spring has finally sprung, and it’s the perfect time to take your yoga practice outside and into nature. Getting a different perspective and moving out of your comfort zone is important if you ever want to grow in your practice. Here are a few of my outdoor yoga essentials:
- A mat that is at least 6 mm thick incase the ground is a bit uneven.
- A towel for brushing dirt or sand off of your mat.
- Layers! You never know what Mother Nature has in store for you, so come prepared with several pieces that you can take off and put on as needed. I love this jacket, this hoodie, this top, this bra, and these leggings.
- Protect your body’s largest organ (your skin) by bringing along some sunscreen. My favorite is this one by Drunk Elephant. It’s nontoxic, effective, and has anti-aging properties.
- A water bottle. Hydration is everything!
If you’re in Connecticut, come take class with me every Saturday morning from 7am – 8am at the Clinton Town Beach July 15th – August 19th!